Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Quick update

I've trimmed a decent portion of my FootStar position. 60% in less than a year is pretty nice. I've started building a position in Aldila (ALDA). This piqued my interest after it showed up on the Magic Formula search for microcaps. I was able to purchase in the low 16's, with a sizable discount to my IV calculation of $30. Will elaborate some more soon.

I've been on short hiatus in preparation for my trip to Boston tomorrow. I have been preparing for this for the past few weeks, at the expense of everything else in my life. I will be giving a presentation on spinoffs as part of an investment strategy competition hosted by a large firm there ($140 B under management). If this works out, then I'll be set for the summer. Otherwise, I'll have to keep looking. Does anyone out there want to give me an internship?

No comments: